Friday, May 31, 2013

Thursday in USA / Washington DC


Washington / USA
GMT: - 5 UTC
Language: English
Currency: Dollars $
Population: around 632,323 
Airport: Washington Dulles International airport

"America is an enormous frosted cupcake in the middle of millions of starving people." (Gloria S.)

Hello my lovely people,today we'll travel in USA capital city, Washington.

Washington DC; departure 02:20 am. 

I was definitely psychically not ready for it, but first US adventure; definitely yes.



I packed my suitcase again (still hate it) 
I need this, and this, 
and this I think (or not); 
Oh yes, this shirt will be nice
(and I didn't even think about to wear it when I get to the  destination);
Should I take this? Maybe it will be cold?
15 degrees? Is that cold or a lit' bit chilly,
Jacket or sweather,
Yeah, this is my favourite shirt,
yes; for sure this trousers and these ones; this white one maybe? ...

9:30 pm
My bus is 11:50, that means I need 45 min before to pack other things I forgot and dress up; means I have hour to do my best to sleep. 

10 pm
I am still not sleeping and my mind is full of feelings and thoughts. Where? How? Why? Tired and excited at the same moment. Buuuut,  I manage to sleep a little bit (half an hour) for the flight of 13 hours. Good luck with that.


10 am (USA time)
On board I slept 3 hours in the cabin rest compartment (read: fridge) so when I arrived I didn't know actually am I really tired or I am just too excited to think about it. The deal was to meet 11:30 and go stright to the city. My first impression: "Oh, I love this American style houses, so beautiful"

Temperature: Tooooooo much hot... And in my suitcase the clothes for 15 degrees. I really suck in packing. :)
People: From all around the world
City: Very Washington-ish, classy american dream



Hotel bus drove us to  the metro station where we took the train (for 10 $ return ticket) and after approximately +/- 25 minutes we were in the city center. 





Washington monument








 Lincoln Memorial


White House facts:
132 rooms, 32 bathrooms
"President's Palace"
approximately 6,000 visitors a day
requires 570 gallons of paint to cover its outside surface
My fact: very nice and popular but very small  for president palace  :) 

 Cute-ish Gucci car
 U.S. Capitol



After all day in the city walking & melting around the last stop was mall. Famous american shopping. 

And drunk from walking and 25 hours not sleeping, it was time to experience American dreams. LITERALLY. 



Till the next USA trip.
love, E

2 comments:

  1. aaaaawww... imam iste slikice kao i ti od prije x godina, jedva cekam opet! :)
    s ova slika zadnja je najjača :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yap, moram priznati ...lijepo je :)) zadnja slika - činjenica :P

      Delete