Saturday, October 6, 2012

Good morning Shanghai, 你好 !

欢迎到上海 ! 

Welcome on board this  flight to Shangai Pudong International Airport. (PVG)


Such a huge airport I have to say :)

Shanghai, China
Language: Chinese
Time Zone: UTC + 8
Currency: Yuan

As I am on reserve this month I don't have fixed roster. I was on airport standby with my suitcase when they called me for this flight. I had some kind of flu (reaction of flu vaccination) so I wasn't so in the mood for any flight. But what to expect when you are not expecting? Flight; neither more nor less China; Shanghai baby. About 7 hours. Although my ears were blocked because of really huge pressure in aircraft (+cold) that didn't stop me to go and see something of Shanghai city. Tipical China. Huge buildings & nice, green parks. Everybody who is doing this job probably cannot find right words to describe everything what we see or feel all around the world but pictures can always tell something. 




Actually, secret - each of this image is picture from my window :)

But now, let me show you something else of small part of Shanghai that I saw. 

Funny guy that wanted to sell me everything that he had.





 Red China wedding :)


 Police chilling

Sleeping outside


Although I had terrible body condition cause of my cold, I had nice time in Shanghai.  A lot of things I saw and more of that I din't but in life sometimes,  we have second chance to see what we missed; right? 

"Travelling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things - air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky - all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it."

On all these trips I learn and see something new. 
Here I learned that:
  • Chinese really BUT REALLY love to eat noodles, 
  • they don't except our cards in shops cause they have some kind of special code on their cards
  • even if they don't understand what you are talking about they will use all forces to explain what they wanted to say
And for the end;
M. Twain once said:
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover"

Even if you don't have courage to do the things you wanna do try to find someone who will encourage you to do it together. Life is short, you know?
Today we are here and tomorrow who knows?

Somewhere over the rainbow.
I am going to do thing I love to do, and you? Will you?
XOXO from me, till the next hot Saturday.
Love, E

No comments:

Post a Comment